The task of the Creative Industries division at Stuttgart Region Economic Development Corporation (WRS) is to make conditions in the location even better for the key creative industries in the region. Through networking, marketing the region and training, the team’s aim is to continue to develop the Stuttgart Region as a creative location and to market it successfully to a wider audience.
- The Stuttgart Region is seen as an important and interesting location for the creative industries at a national and international level.
- The Stuttgart Region is viewed as a lead market and a labour region for important new products and technologies. This is also conveyed clearly at the level of the creative industries.
- Skilled employees have a positive perception of the location as a place to live and work, and take an active interest in career opportunities in the companies in the region.
- The companies are rated as interesting employers and get the skilled staff they need.
- It is also possible to attract companies from outside of the region to the location. People working in the creative industries have a good and transparent range of work spaces and areas at their disposal.
- The region provides a good base for the companies from which to generate and realise new ideas, services and products.
- The interdisciplinary potential between the traditional industries and the creative industries is exploited in the best possible way.
Regional Media Initiative
This network, founded in 1997, actively links approximately 400 stakeholders in the media and in culture in the region in order to define and implement new measures and projects based on companies’ real needs.
Stuttgart Region Film Commission
The Film Commission offers individual consulting and detailed information on filming locations and filming permits as well as about artistic and technical professionals and young talents from the region.
Stuttgart Region Popbüro
The Pop Office provides advice on all issues specific to music and the music industry – from setting up or winding up a band or a company to marketing concepts, basic and further training, practise rooms and appearances, producers, managers, event organisers or music lawyers.
IT Region Stuttgart
IT Region Stuttgart offers information and tailored advice on the Stuttgart Region as an IT location and organises industry events and information events to give professionals in the field the chance to exchange ideas and to network.